Objective: to understand organization of an essay by paragraph using PAS and to understand thesis development as a process.
Estimated time: 1 hour
Due by 9:00 a.m. Monday, March 23rd
- Read the Effective Paragraphing writing guide.
- Read the Model Essay. As you read, note how the essay is organized by paragraph. As part of our classwork, you will learn how to apply the same principles to your essay.
- Read “Linking Evidence and Claims” by David Rossenwasser et al.
Using ideas “Linking Evidence and Claims,” discuss the following in a few sentences and be sure to include quotes for each.
- why we are not using the five-paragraph essay model for our essays
- why we are waiting until later drafts to finalize our thesis
Post as a comment below.